Field Based And Telephonic Nurse Case Management
IW Care Connection, Inc. can perform telephonic case management when preferred by the parties. The role of the Telephonic Nurse Case Manager:
- Assess and analyze an injured employee’s medical and vocational status. Develop a plan of care to facilitate the patient’s appropriate and timely return to work.
- Interview patients in their homes, work-sites, or physician’s office to provide ongoing case management services.
- Monitor patient progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation.
- Communicate telephonically with patients, medical providers, attorneys, employers, insurance carriers and other healthcare professionals. Prepare all required documentation of case work activities.
- Arrange referrals, consultations and therapeutic services for patients. Confer with specialists concerning course of care and treatment.
- Apply all laws and regulations that apply to the provision of rehabilitation services.
- Apply all special instructions required by individual insurance carriers and referral sources.