Life Care Plans
A life care plan is a detailed report about the future medical needs of the injured worker over his/her life expectancy and cost projections for those services. An assessment and cost analysis is performed by a Certified Nurse Life Care Planner (CNLCP).
The report is about the future medical services and products that the injured worker will need over his/ her life expectancy.
The CNLCP Nurse:
- Reviews all relevant multidisciplinary medical records
- Performs a face-to-face evaluation with the injured worker and his/ her family members/caregiver
- Consults with various health care providers
- Writes a comprehensive report on the injured worker’s ability to perform ADLs and the overall medical, psychosocial, vocational, educational and economic conditions.
- Provides cost projections for future medical/care needs